Kayaking Class Information
Please use this as a checklist for the trip.
Quick Start Kayaking This class provides a low-key, brief introduction to the sport. We cover basic water safety, boat design, and boat handling. Please check with us as to dates and to sign up. Prerequisites: None. Trip length: 3 hours. Meeting time: TBD. Dates: See Calendar. Cost: $35.
Class: quick start kayaking
Time: Please be prompt and ready to go at 5:00 pm Event calendar
Location: Thermalito Forebay (Aquatic Center).
We paddle rain or shine.
What to bring:
We can supply paddling equipment such as boats, paddles, and splash jackets.
· Please bring clothing layers appropriate for your comfort, weather, and water conditions:
· Inner layer (or rash gard) that dries fast and keeps you warm when wet (synthetic fabrics, such as polypropylene, polyester, fleece, or wool, no cotton! ). This can be a long sleeve T-shirt, shorts, and bathing suit, warm hat, and watershoes or booties.
· Insulation layer (depends on class, season, and condition, usually optional for beginner classes): wetsuit. Wetsuits and booties rentals are available at Adventure Outings (CSUC) for $8/day (417 Cherry Street, 530-898-5034).
· Wind and Water Protection: A splash layer such as nylon rainjacket, splash jacket or dry-top/bottoms.
· Hat (for sun), Sunglasses (and something to attach them to you), Sunscreen/lip balm
· Dry clothes to change into.
· Food for lunch or snacks.
Please contact Dan Efseaff (519-6301) if you have any questions or special needs. See you on the water!